Overall Purpose of the Role:
To deliver a professional, authentic and memorable experience to all our customers, by providing great service in a unique and relaxing environment.
· To build great relationships with all customers through positive body language and natural conversation
· To greet all customers at the bar with a genuine and warm welcome, explaining our drinks offer in a relaxed and professional manner.
· To ensure that all drinks offers are always available by ordering bar stock through the Manager
· To take drinks orders from customers, helping them to make the right choices by demonstrating knowledge of wines, spirits and liqueurs and Bambuddha’s drinks and cocktail list
· To ensure that the presentation of all drinks is to Bambuddha’s standards, using the correct glasses and accompanying garnishes as required.
· To manage the service of drinks at and from the bar efficiently, ensuring that all customers receive them within the set service times
· To adhere to Spanish licensing laws at all times in the preparation and service of drinks
· To process drink orders accurately through the till system, taking the relevant payment as necessary with full responsibility for the bar float for that shift.
· To make sure all the glasses are clean during the shift and keep the bar area clean, tidy and sufficiently stocked at all times.
· To be aware of and to react to, every customer’s specific needs i.e. checking they are happy, topping up drinks if appropriate, suggesting snacks and offering additional drinks
· To give each customer a genuine and warm farewell on departure, thanking them for visiting
· To carry out a bar stock check twice a week and advise the Head Bartender of any issues
· To clean down the bar area fully at the end of the evening shift, and write a note if needed to Cosmin.
· To cash up the bar according to Bambuddha procedures at the end of the shift and pass the cash to the Manager on duty
· To work as a team with everyone who works at the restaurant and reception supporting each other and welcoming any new members to the Bambuddha family
· To comply with all reasonable requests from members of the management team
· To demonstrate responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others by reporting any accidents to the manager on duty, and advising the manager on duty of any faulty equipment or matters that could affect the health and safety of yourself or others.
Minimum Education Level
· Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
· Course in safety, environmental, public health, sanitation regulations and procedures are advisable
· Food Handling course and accreditation
· A minimum of 2 years of working experience as a Cocktail Bartender
· Experience in working in fine dining restaurants
· Bilingual Spanish-English, good verbal skills (Other languages are a plus)
· Effective Planner and organizer
Well organized person, friendly, polite, with an eye on detail and dynamic
Working Hours & Expectations
Restaurant: 5-6 days per week 17:45 – 02:00 or 18:45 – 03:00, Extra hours if required
Start Date: April 2017 Onwards